Thursday, January 28, 2016

"Baking"

As you see on the left hand side, the powder is only applied in the "T" zone.

The term or technique "Baking", which has been used in the drag community for years, refers to letting translucent powder sit on your face for five to 10 minutes, which allows the heat from your face to set your base foundation and concealer, and then dusting it off your face, leaving you with a creaseless, flawless finish. (Kim Kardashian's makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic uses it on in order to get the Kim k. look.) The purpose of doing this is, your conceal doesn't crease, makeup last longer once set, and your face looks so flawless. Basically what you do is once you finish applying your foundation and concealer, you get any lose translucent power. My favorite at the moment  is the Laura Mercier powder, this power has a brightening affect so it really brightens the under eye area making you look more awake. You grab a damp beauty blender, saturate it into the power and put an excess amount of power under your eyes, bridge of your nose, forehead, and chin (the 'T' zone). You let the powder "bake" or sit their for five minutes and after wards you grad a powder brush and wipe away the excess powder off. Finally, you begin contouring.

5 comments:

  1. I never actually knew about this. I'm going to try it the next time I dress up and put make up on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting technique. I have heard about this many times, but have never tried it. I plan to try this technique some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slay me! I love baking! I currently just started applying this step and I love the results. I have the Ben Nye banana powder but hopefully I'll upgrade to Laura Mercier soon. I've heard nothing but great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really tried new techniques when it comes to make up but hey it sounds so helpful that I will totally try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive seen so many people start doing this because of drag its great

    ReplyDelete